Rear glass [hardtop] wanted

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Hi,I'm new to this site as well as a new owner of a semi-tired [but 100% complete] '89 TC. First on my list is a back window for my hardtop. It's busted out and just taped up. The top is off the car now, and the soft-top is in place, but I'd like to put the hardtop back on before the weather turns. Any help would be welcome. I live in SE Pa. [bucks Co] Another request.. how are those hood suports that are for sale on E-Bay for $49? Need them also, the local parts house wants about $75 each for them. Didn't know if anybody has bought/used them. Thanks very much for any help..

I have bought a couple and they were the original Sachs brand new strut lifts. They were from a place called "Lou's Struts" ,or "Lou's Lifts" on eBay. I do not recall the price,, I can suggest you search the name. Good Luck, Lou (different Lou)

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Thanks for the replies...struts on e-bay are $44 for the pair + $6.50 SHIPPING & $2.00 for insurance..:confused: But the most important item that I'm looking for is the back window glass. Or a ruff hardtop for parts. Wonder where the 30+ cfc TC's went? They might have had hardtops. Thats sad:(:(:(

Hi John,

As a retired USCG Capt. I would never consider giving anyone orders :D But ~ TCParts has them for $29.00 they are members of TC America and have been a benefit to members for a long time. Lou

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Thanks for the input Lou. While I'm a "newbe" on this site, I've been a AACA member for some time now, and been reading the msg's on these forums for quite a long time without being regstr'd. I know your name, as well as the guys from AZ and others. You are correct, it is nicer to deal with someone "you know" rather than an unknown so I guess I'll call them on Monday and see whats what. Thanks again. [P.S. I was U.S.Army..enlisted..so I won't hold that Coast Guard thing against you...SIR !] I do say that with respect...John:)

Guest d_voitel

Hi John,

I know the where a complete hardtop is in Mount Airy, MD. I know it's not exactly inexpensive though. It's red with a beige interior and appears to be in good condition. I stumbled into the top while looking for some other parts. Mount Airy is between Frederick and Baltimore along I70.

Duane

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Thank you Duane, don't know if it's the same one...but I.m picking one up from that area latter this week. Again thanks for the look out. John

Guest d_voitel

This one is in a salvage yard just east of Mount Airy. The one in Rockville would be less expensive. If the interior is soiled, Meguires makes a great upholstery cleaner. Mine had greasy hand prints on the inside. About ten minutes work and the grease was gone. One can't even tell it was dirty.

Guest GREMLIN JOHN

Just an update..ordered the hood supports from TC in Az. Bought the red top listed on this forum [ from Md] So I'm on my way. Thanks for help and advice. John