1960 Rambler American tune up parts

Guest Bkay

I am looking for points, condensor and distributor cap for a 1960 Ramler American with a flathead 6 in it. Anyone know where I can buy them or have them for sale ?

I am southeast , PA near Hershey. Thanks

Guest DeSoto Frank

Any auto parts store that carries Standard Ignition Products should be able to get the stuff.

Will probably need to be ordered, but points, condensor, rotor, and cap are all still available.

You might also try "www.rockauto.com"

I just got some tune-up parts for my '61 Rambler from my local Mom & Pop up here in Scranton.

If you go to: AutoZone.com | Get In The Zone! you can click on "parts" and get the whole thing:

Coil

Rotor

Distributor Cap

Condensor

Bosch Wire Set - includes Plug and Coil wires

The whole mess shipped to your local store (or to your home) for less than $73

I just checked it out on-line.

They are also a good source for "Rare-Parts" and work with the company that goes from specs. to create obsolete items (I bought several ) at everyday prices

NO !! I don't work for them --- just a good quality part at a fair price !!

Edited by Marty Roth
added note (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Realrose

:o

I have a 1960 Rambler - restored sedan for sale. I you or someone you know is looking for one I can send photos and I have extra parts for the car. This one is in great condition and has a straight six, power steering, automatic - Flash-o-matic push-button transmission, new chrome and paint and interior - black tinted rear window. mileage is unknown shows 31,000 and change. it doesn't go over five digits.

She's named Gertie and she's a classy classid. Drives like a heavy old Mercedes. Big attention getter. Call me at 818 597-1277.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Realrose

Guest 199RELBMAR

I used to carry spares in my glove-box for my 1968. EVERYTHING on the secondary side was DELCO. Try comparing some older DELCO (Chev, etc.) items and see what works. My starter was Ford, my 4-speed plus over-drive was International, as ere the brakes, My clutch was H.D. AMX (I did not order it, it just was made that way) and the ignition was G.M., including dist. cap, but the cam-gear was International Harvestor.

Edited by 199RELBMAR (see edit history)