Once and future Rambler guy....

Guest DeSoto Frank

Guest DeSoto Frank

After an interval of some forty years, I have been re-united with a 1961 Rambler American Custom convertible, "just like Mom's" :D

It's a very nice survivor, needing some minor TLC and conservation.

Are there any sources for repro rubber parts, such as weathstrip, etc ?

Also, does anyone know which brand of headlights / bulbs American Motors was using in 1961 ?

It's funny how nobody wanted these cars when my folks got rid of theirs in 1970, and now, "everbody loves the Little Nash-Rambler" !

Regards,

De Soto Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your new convertible. I'm in the process of rehabing my 1st Rambler. I never thought I would buy a Rambler but now I have the bug. It started out as a motor rebuild and has turned into a partial resto. I'll post pics as I get the little 196 back in the car. Mine is a '62 Rambler Classic Custom Station Wagon. Its black w/factory A/C and auto and the power pac engine.

Congrats on your new convertible. I'm in the process of rehabing my 1st Rambler. I never thought I would buy a Rambler but now I have the bug. It started out as a motor rebuild and has turned into a partial resto. I'll post pics as I get the little 196 back in the car. Mine is a '62 Rambler Classic Custom Station Wagon. Its black w/factory A/C and auto and the power pac engine.

When I see a "new" Rambler at a local cruise, I ask the owner what influenced him in making a choice for a Rambler. The same answer all the time is, "I wanted something different"................... They sure are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...