using clips to hold 53 wire wheel hubcaps

PONTIAC1953

hi, i had an oldsmobile guy tell me that on his 51 olds, he was using the three wheel clips to hold the 53 olds wire wheel hubcaps on the the wheels of his olds with great results. has anyone else used this method to mount the wire covers on their oldsmobile ?, i've searched for the mounting buckets, but haven't come across any. charles coker. thanks.

Yes. I did that on my '52 98. The caps I bought came without mounting plates. I just snapped them over the clips for the dog dish hubcaps and it worked great. I never lost one, even at highay speeds, which is more than I can say for the full wheel covers they replaced.

Paul

thanks paul, it may have been you that told me that before. i had a sheet metal shop remove the oldsmobile crest and the hump it was on, leaving a pretty flat area for me to install the 1951 to 1953 pontiac rear fender emblem, which has a mounting stud, that hump was there for a reason, to clear the outer wheel bearing cap and spindle,lol. i have to put wheel spacers on for the olds wire wheel covers to clear, no problem for the rear axle of course. anybody want the olds crest pieces for christmas tree ornament ? charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor, poci.