Help W/66 Driveshaft...

Guest drewriviera

Guest drewriviera

Hey guys! I am rebuilding my 66 Riv's driveshaft. Got U-joints, new center support bearing, new rubber support and other stuff. My problem lies with the ball itself on the rear yoke. It's got a groove in it where it's supposed to be completely round. The local drivetrain shop does not exactly want to work on "f-ing antiques" anymore, so they're no help unless I can come up with the ball itself. Or just a new rear yoke with the ball already installed. It just seems that the ball itself is not easy to find. Anybody know where I can find it? I need one fast, as the car is in my brother's way!

Thanks in advance,

-Andrew

Check Classic Buicks http://www.classicbuicks.com/drivesha.htm

They list a kit that has the ball and cups. If you order, when you call ask to make sure what they have is exactly what you need.

I have a used driveshaft I could scavenge parts from if you can't find exactly what you are looking for new.

Edited by JZRIV
URL (see edit history)

Guest drewriviera
Check Classic Buicks Driveshaft

They list a kit that has the ball and cups. If you order, when you call ask to make sure what they have is exactly what you need.

I have a used driveshaft I could scavenge parts from if you can't find exactly what you are looking for new.

Thanks! I appreciate it! I will let you know about your used one if I can't find it.

-Andrew