AACA Library & Research Center -- Literature Auction, October 5th @ 10AM

AACA Library

The AACA Library & Research Center will hold its 15th Literature Auction on Monday, October 5, 2009 at 10:00 AM. The sale will be held at the AACA Hershey Region Headquarters. There will be a preview beginning at 8:30 AM on the sale day. Material to be sold includes sales literature, manuals, periodicals, ads and books. All material sold "as is."

You can download a list of material to be offered at the AACA Library webpage (www.aacalibrary.org) or go directly to the .pdf document here:

http://www.aacalibrary.org/News/2009%20Literature%20Auction%20--%20Master%20List.pdf

I hope to see all of you there!

Chris

AACA Library & Research Center

Chris,

Thanks for posting the information about the auction.

One does have to wonder if having this auction later on Fall Hershey week (ie Thursday or Friday) would not GREATLY INCREASE the number of people who could attend?? That would also INCREASE the FUNDRAISING POTENTIAL of this event as well. I friend of mine emailed me some items that will be in the auction that really interest me. Unfortunately, I am not scheduled to be in Hershey until later in the week which means I will not be able to bid.

Hopefully, in future years, the date of this auction can be changed to accomodate those AACA Members that are still working for a living. Some combination of changes (date chage, phone, internet bidding, etc) can only benefit the Library with increased proceeds. What about using a section on the New AACA web site where the library simply offers the duplicate literature For Sale?

Just a few suggestions for your consideration.

Thanks for the feedback Charlie.

As you may know, this will be my first year doing the literature auction. I will make notes on what works well & what needs improvement. Future auction formats may be modified.

The biggest problem with Internet and phone bidding is manpower and phone/web hookups.

In the time between this year's auction and the auction in 2011, I do plan to sell some items on EBAY or through our website. The sale of these items will be advertised in the AACA's monthly email blast Speedster.

Thanks again for the feedback, I am looking forward to meeting many of you in October.

-Chris