20'' Split Rim Wheel for 1933-34 Ford BB 1.5 Ton

Guest Oogie

I'm working on a 1933-34 Ford BB 1.5 ton flatbed truck and I need to replace at least one of the wheels. It is a 20'' Bud Manufacturing Co. wheel. Anyone have one for sale or could steer me in the right direction?

I have a set of 20 inch wheels here I was told came off a 37-38 ish larger Ford truck. They are a solid wheel with a solid lock ring. They would be a "budd" style in that they do have a center section with a bolt pattern. Many people refer to a split rim wheel incorrectly. Can you post a photo? I'm near Chicago and these wheels with not work for the use I had originally planned.

Thanks for your reply msmazcol. I tried to post a few photos for you to veiw but I don't think I did it propperly. Still trying... Does your wheels have a stamping near the lug holes that says "Budd Manufacturing Co." and a year? My wheels are the solid ones with a solid locking ring. The inner wheels on the back have a split locking ring. Love to see pics of yours if you know how to post them.

Thank's Larry. That is what I suspected. I have been finding that alot of the AA running gear parts are the same as the BB. Though the wheels look similer I believe Ford made a change in the axle starting in 1935 and I wasn't sure if the bolt holes were the same or not. Thanks again for the info a let me know if you ever come across a set for me. Duane

Not a problem for the photos. I will get them in the next day or so. If you can measure the center hole that will tell us right away if we are in the ball park.

I have four matching. One more matching with the center removed or rivets taken out. Plus a sixth one same bolt pattern slightly different rim lip.

Additional information on the Budd wheels.

Yes, they are stamped Budd Wheel Company

part # C 34909

6-36

Center hole measures app. 5 3/4 inches

Stud holes about 1 1/4 inches

Rim width lip to lip 6 inches

tire bead width 4 1/2 inches

Let me know if these might work out for you.

Thanks

post-60266-143138103011_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pic and dimensions msmazcol. Looks very close. I'm concerned with two things though. My center hole messures aprox 4 5/8 and the vent holes on mine are a bit less rounded and more like a triangle. My lug holes do messure 1 1/4. I believe the 6-36 is a 1936 which as Larry pointed out has a larger center hole. Thanks a million for helping but I don't think yours are going to work for me.

Hopefully this works this time... Here are pics of mine

Specs: Center Hole = aprox 4 5/8 5 lug holes = 1 1/4 rim to rim I believe is about 6''. Stamping reads Budd Wheel Co. 10-33

I can also be reached at 240-508-2033. (8:OOam - 8:00pm East coast time please)

post-63260-143138103994_thumb.jpg

post-63260-143138103998_thumb.jpg

post-63260-143138104003_thumb.jpg

Thanks John, I am still looking so I did try to call you but you were still out. Left a message but if you didn't get it, here is my number again. 240-508-2033 I can be reached between 8 am - 8 pm East Coast time.

Thanks, Duane

• 4 months later...

No sir I have not. Could you be of any help? It would realy make my day if you said you had one...or maybe even a set that was in good condition.

Thanks,

Duane

240-508-2033

Sorry but they won't fit. Ford changed the size of the center hole in '35 so the '46 will be too big. Thanks anyway. Please let me know if you come across a set from the early '30's.

Hello again msmazcol, We spoke earlier in this thread and determind that your rims were from the later 30's. My center hole measures roughly 4 1/2 - 4 5/8 and yours were bigger than that. Unless you are refering to another set I don't think we have a match. You can refer to the earlier post in this thread were I have posted pics and dimensions for the rims to verify them againts your set. If you do have a match please call me 240-508-2033. Thanks Duane

Hello ex98thdrill, the date date stamp reads 10-33 and is made by the Budd Wheel Co. I have all of the dimensions, pics and date stamp posted earlier in this thread. I hope it is still viewable. I my try to post it agin just in case. Thanks again for you help.