Everyone...may I intoduce my new girl Shelby

stealthbob

Yep, MrEarl was playing his role as match maker again and I now find myself in a purchase of a 1954 Buick Roadmaster!

I have a thread in the General Talk area but now wanted to start the road to restoration here.

I will sure be requiring help and advice as I'm new to the restoration game. I just can't wait to get her home.

As for that name, I'll speak to that now. Some may say "Why call it a Shelby?" Well it has nothing to do with Mr Carl Shelby and his fine cars it has to do with the fact that that I wanted my daughter to be named that. My wife was not for it and as I have learned in life..."A happy wife is a happy life" We went with another name for daddy's li'll girl but I still have held on to that name with endearment.

Here are some pics...

She needs restoration but is all original, no rust through. I plan on keeping that standard and work over time to bring her to her former glory. Best of all she runs great! I will likely keep her "Pantina" until next winter but who knows maybe I'll strip her down this winter.

Guest 53Nailhead

Congrats!!!!

Once you get her home we'll have to give it a real Ottawa Valley Buick Welcome!! There might even be a beer or three involved :D If we ever get any sun this summer you'll have to come out to our Tuesday Nite Cruise. Can't wait to see her!!

Les

Yea it would be nice to get out and meet all you guys...

It may take a while for the car to arrive but I think I may shoot out to a Tuesday Cruise anyways just to see the cars and to finally meet some of you.

I have a red Jeep Liberty and I am gravitationally challenged so I should be easy to spot in the crowd.

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

Guest 53Nailhead

STEADY Derek!!:D

When weather's nice Tuesday's Cruise is a good one, look for a long line of Buicks in the back.

Com'on up Stevo we'll treat ya right, I believe Janet & I will be down in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks.

Guest 53Nailhead

Will do Stevo...don't have any plans in place yet (waiting for Janet's passport) but we'll keep ya posted