1930 CHRYSLER 70

george a ernst

Guest martylum

Hi---you will need to loosen the fitting for the light and throttle tubes at the light switch h at the bottom of the steering box. Then you can slide your tubes up through the center of the steering shaft and away from the steering wheel. You should be able to inspect the horn button wire while you have the tubes up 6-12" from the wheel to see whether the contact button is still solderd to the wire but you might have to unscrrew the screws which hold the steel plates together.

Martin Lum.

• 4 years later...
Hi---you will need to loosen the fitting for the light and throttle tubes at the light switch h at the bottom of the steering box. Then you can slide your tubes up through the center of the steering shaft and away from the steering wheel. You should be able to inspect the horn button wire while you have the tubes up 6-12" from the wheel to see whether the contact button is still solderd to the wire but you might have to unscrrew the screws which hold the steel plates together.

Martin Lum.

Hi Martin: do you have an exploded view of the steering box?. Some parts of mine are missing and need to know how is assembled the bottom of the steering rod to prevent the wheel goes up if pulled. Best regards. Fernando

Hi Martin: do you have an exploded view of the steering box?. Some parts of mine are missing and need to know how is assembled the bottom of the steering rod to prevent the wheel goes up if pulled. Best regards. Fernando

Sounds like you may be missing the light switch and retainer that holds the tube tight.

Sounds like you may be missing the light switch and retainer that holds the tube tight.

Yes, you aré right I have not the light switch indeed and the retainer neither. I don't Noé that parta, and how are assembled. If you have an ilustration or just a simple draw it would be very usefull yo me. Regards. Fernando