My new Buicks - 1954 & 1957

FRED Z

Fred

Can you share the stories behind their purchase? That 57 Buick looks familiar. Is it from Iowa?

The 54 and the 57 Buicks are my personal favorites from the 50's. Iused to be luke warm on the 57's but once a person checks out the details and the shape, they are a nice design, and stamped as "50's" cars for sure.

Let us know more about them please.

BJM & others - The 1954 and 1957 Buicks were recently purchased as a pair from two friends in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and they were both well cared-for by these previous owners since purchased in early 2001. The 1957 Buick was a California car and I have receipts from Oakdale, CA all the way back to the 1970s. The 1954 was originally from Georgia. Neither car has any sign of rust or previous rust and both cars have new interiors, good chrome, near-perfect paint and they run good too - a really nice pair of cars and I consider myself lucky to have found them.

They were accompanied with lots of spare parts and plenty of literature and many receipts, as well as plenty of trophies too! I plan to take good care of these cars and both are now on display at TP Tools "Car Collection" display building in Canfield, Ohio, along with other cars owned by my son and I. We just completed this 40'x80' building and are adding some decor before we move in all of our cars. A couple of pictures taken today are attached, but lighting was poor. AACA members are always welcome to visit us and to see our collection in the near future, after we get everything in place.

Fred

post-58746-143138093351_thumb.jpg

post-58746-143138093353_thumb.jpg

post-58746-143138093355_thumb.jpg

post-58746-143138093357_thumb.jpg