65' Electra convertible For Sale

JohnD1956

I learned about this car 4 sale. Not a relative or my car. If it was my car it wouldn't ever be sold. This is some one in my local area. I will post the pictures he sent me, and contact info when I get it.

This car has less than 37K and is being sold by the step son of the original owner. They even have some of the original documentation of the sale. The car does not have A/C but it does have tilt wheel, power windows and power seats. I have not seen the car personally, but the pictures tell me the details are correct.

post-32834-143138086423_thumb.jpg

post-32834-143138086424_thumb.jpg

post-32834-143138086426_thumb.jpg

post-32834-143138086427_thumb.jpg

post-32834-143138086429_thumb.jpg

No more room in my garage or driveway or else..........

My mother had a 65 Electra 4 door hardtop, deep, deep blue. My brother cracked it up too many times to remember, before the insurance company finally wrote it off.

Stevo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: serb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My mother had a 65 Electra 4 door hardtop, deep, deep blue. Stevo </div></div>

Dad got rid of the 55 special and brought home a Maroon 4 dr hardtop with black vinyl top and interior in 1966. I just got my license and we racked up the miles on that baby. By 1969 it got up to the 90K mark and he wanted to sell it so he found someone to turn the odometer back to 49 K. But no one bought it even though I kept it looking like new.

So we kept driving it. Back up to 99K, turnover, and back up to 60K or so when he finally did get a buyer.

Along the way we went through 3 sets of motor mounts, one transmission, one radiator, a rebuilt carb, and it lost the brakes two times on me.

Good God I loved that car!