ginger leather seat s

Guest Gail Dressell

Guest Gail Dressell

I discovered a product, a leather dye that just sprays on. It is MELATONIAN. It comes in a color #634 Chamois that is a perfect match to touch up those ginger leather seats. Of course, I cleaned them with Lexol cleaner first and after the dye dried I conditioned the leather with Lexal conditioner.

The Melatonian cost about $7.00 and I got it at a boot repair shop. Good luck.

Guest Majmx

Gail;

Thanks for your post.

Did you use the Lexol PH cleaner?

In regard to the Melatonin #634 does this come in a spray or a paste?

I have discovered I can order the Melatonin and get it shipped to overseas address via USPS but will have to wait until Monday to find out about Lexol.

What year TC do you have?

Cheers,

Bob Steele

TC America

Guest My TC Toy

Lexol is a product made in Georgia by Summitt Industries (www.lexol.com). A local saddle/leather shop uses it and would not consider recommending anything else. It is made from tanning oils and does a great job on all leathers. It's not expensive either, I bought a 1/2 litre spray bottle for $14 CDN. Terrific price for the job it does.

Guest Gail Dressell

I used Lexol PH cleaner. THe Melatonin does come in a spray. That is what makes this so easy! I just bought a '89 yellow TC from a man in Tampa. We live in East Ttexas. We flew to Tampa and drove it home with no problems.

Good luck with your seats.

Gail

Meltonian has been around forever. Their products are primarily used for boots and shoes, but no reason not to use them on seats. I wouldn't use their boot creams though due to colour transfer to your clothes.

Lexol is used in the leather/saddlery industry. Good stuff. The biggest issue is getting the leather conditioners through the dye layer to the leather itself.