1924 stutz sedan

Guest Mike Barnes

Guest Mike Barnes

I've come across a 1924 Stutz short sedan. Has been in one family since 1927, garaged the whole time, and on blocks ununsed since 1955. It needs a restoration but would probably start quite easily. Seems a nebulous question to ask what it's worth, but I'd appreciate feedback. How rare is this car? How desirable? It always seems to me from Ebay that closed cars from the 1920s are among the least valuable to collect. But this car is something. I could not believe the height of the engine when the hood was opened. Thanks, Mike Barnes

Guest Mike Barnes

I will see about taking pics and posting. The Gold Book lists no closed Stutzes for 1924, but says a 1925 sedan in fair condition is worth $8000.

Mike,

I have been working on my 1925 693 for a couple of years. I am new to Stutz cars and pre-ww2 cars in general. I have learned a lot and will share info with you if you purchase the Stutz. The Stutz you are looking at should be very similar mechanically to mine.

I am no expert on values but have learned quickly that the budget gets busted really quick. Just having the 6 Buffalo wires wheels restored was a big expense but well worth it.

Good luck.

post-50728-143138086905_thumb.jpg

Guest lornephillips

I'm probably on the wrong thread and don't know how to start one.

I have a headlight from a Stutz 8 with original glass lens. Year unknown to me. If it has any worth I would be glad to communicate with anyone.

Lorne Phillips

lornephillips@rogers.com

• 1 month later...