WTB: '65 Riviera Curteousy Lights And Rear Centre Armrest

Guest Lowrider70

Guest Lowrider70

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 11pt"><span style="color: #FF6666"><span style="text-decoration: underline">WANTED:</span></span> 4 Interior curteousy lights with the chrome bezels for my '65 Rivi. 2 For the centre console and 2 for the rear pillars.

Also, I'd like the central armrest assembley for the rear seats, which of course was an optional extra. Im not too bothered about the condition of the covering material, as this can be re-upholstered. Just so long as the frame/basic structure of the item is workable. I will be looking to buy various other interior items too, so just let me know what you've got! Thanks.</span></span>

Guest Lowrider70

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jolly_John</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello, Lowrider70. I have one of the optional rear center armrest units that it appears I won't be using. I will email you photos later today. John in Wisconsin, U.S.A. </div></div>

Alright, thanks John... Ive PM'd you, as well as emailed you at your private address.

• 1 month later...

Hi There, I have a rear center armrest for you 1965 Riv if you didn't already get one ... this one is in excellent condition and has the blue vinyl material that is in good condition the mechanism works fine but as you know they were kind of screwy lifting up and putting down as they have to be pulled forward and up or slid back and down when going down. Anyway I do not have a small piece that covers the area from the seat to the chrome speaker housing. Paul 559 355-3551

I can send anyone pictures if they need it.

Guest Lowrider70

Paul, thanks for your reply...

...but I have already bought one and just waiting for it to arrive. And what piece of upholstery are you refering to, when you say: "small piece covering area from seat to speaker"? Do you mean a piece which sits in between both of the rear seats, covering the speaker grill? Maybe you could download these photos and indicate on there for me?? Thanks.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x136/Lowrider70/65Armrest.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x136/Lowrider70/RearCentreArmrest.jpg

Hey Ned, I believe Paul is referring to the metal filler piece that goes between the center arm rest and the speaker grille. I think it typically got left in the car, when parts guys were pulling the accessory rear arm rest out in junkyards or wherever years back. They didn't know this filler piece went with the center armrest, and was unique to it.

This piece is at the right in the photo I've attached from the Riv. rear center arm rest you said you were going to buy from me awhile back.

I hope this info helps. John in Wisconsin

post-31491-143138097985_thumb.jpg

Guest Lowrider70

Hi John and thanks for your reply.

I bought this particular armrest assembly and paid for it through PayPal, so for me it was a much easier purchase transaction. But while we were debating on how to pay for yours, I did not want you to wait for me, if someone else was there on your door first, ready with the cash... Im sure you can understand!

However, Im pretty sure the item I have recently purchased, has all the required parts... but will let you know if there's a problem!

Im also after a '65 steering wheel, as mine is very cracked and dry. I guess I'll put in a new 'Wanted' Thread for this...

Thanks.