Exhaust Kits for '63-'65

Guest ZombyWoof

Guest ZombyWoof

Wondering if anyone has purchsed exhaust elements or kits (pipes, resonators and muffler) for '63-'65 from either Classic Exhaust Inc. in Geneva Ohio, or eBay sellers "sat1966" (classicexhaust@windstream.net) or Gretchen Kepich (klasskollection@earthlink.net)on eBay.

Looking into buying everything including pipes as an alternative to custom bending. My local shop has experience doing customs for old cars, but I have a feeling I'm at least going to have to find the muffler, and perhaps resonators as well. Guessing that the resonators are easier to find than the muffler.

My Riv currently has a second-generation Camaro cross-over muffler...I don't mind if the same goes on it again. The extra clearance has come in handy a few times.

If anyone has any recommendations as to any other exhaust shops, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Z.W.

The conventional wisdom on first generation exhaust is to let a competant exhaust shop that specializes in custom work handle the exhaust fabrication and installion. There is a dual inlet/outlet muffler available for 70's vintage Camaro's that works good and sounds great. If you want stock sounding exhaust, there are factory style mufflers and resonators on ebay all of the time. Check with local club members and see who does the best work.

HTH,

Tim McCluskey

ZW,

The choice depends on whether you are looking for a faithful reproduction of the stock system or don't mind some modification. I heard too many horror stories about mail order kits so I went to a local shop with my 63. I upgraded to all 2 1/4" pipe, used a muffler from an 80s GN plus 4 bullet resonators. Great mellow sound and cost less installed than the Kepich kit.