Model F serial numbers

Guest Reynolds-Alberta

Guest Reynolds-Alberta

I have been looking over our 3 Model F (one Buick and two McLaughlins) automobiles. I find numbers on the frame member that projects nearly straight forward from the flywheel on 2 of them. On one of the Mclaughins, I can find no number on the frame and no number on the flywheel. The Buick, I am unable to see all the way around the flywheel at this time since it is stuck and the body is in place, it has number of 13107. On one of the McLaughlins, the number found is 15662 and no number on the flywheel. What locations should I look for serial numbers on the vehicles?

Randy

Guest imported_Thriller

Randy,

Dave Corbin is our local resident numbers guru...hopefully he will be able to help you out.

I just wanted to comment that we have stopped in at the Reynolds a couple of times (most recently last June) and it is a thoroughly enjoyable facility. The children still want to move at a faster pace than I do, but it is always a good experience.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Derek:

Randy sent me a PM on this which I answered and also pictures of their new donation, a 1910 McLaughlin model 11 truck.

It's beginning to look like I should visit them for a couple of days and swap info back and forth. I would also want to visit "King Ralph's" car that Erin is working on. Would you like to set in/be my guide around Manitoba/Saskatwan?

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest imported_Thriller

Dave,

I'd be honoured to do my best...Suzanne would need to let me go for a while though...the Reynolds-Alberta museum is something like 800 miles from here. Saskatchewan would need to include the Western Development Museum - http://www.wdm.ca/ - in Saskatoon and the one in Moose Jaw would need to be on the list. The conservation centre (or whatever they call it) in Saskatoon would be nice to see if arrangements could be made. That would be the location they would have records, if any. On the way back from Moose Jaw would be the Manitoba Auto Museum in Elkhorn, which we've previously discussed with their fair sized collection of early McLaughlins. There isn't much to see in Winnipeg though unless you get into memorabilia or individual collections.

Sorry for the thread hijack....