1935 Buick Interior Color Fabric Options

pint4

I have an original 1935 Buick with all original interior. The color of the mohair looks like it has a slight olive drab tint to it. What colors were available in 1935? So many restored cars have more of grayish tan color fabric interior. Where can I find the olive drab tinted mohair? I only need to recover the front seat and the arm rests.

Thanks.

Bob

My email address is: pint4@new.rr.com

Guest 40series

I think you will find an example of the color you are looking for in the albums on my yahoo group. Most of the colors I have seen where not correct for the year but where done to the owners taste. Most models had a camel color or the olive grey you are describing. We have a company here locally called SMS auto fabrics that can provide you what you need.

Guest outlaw car man

Bob,

I've been doing an exhausting research project on my 33 90 7PS. Had two samples in the car of fabrics, one a olive drab/brownish broadcloth with an H design. The other a olive/brown mohair.

Car exterior is black.

Recently had the opportunity to meet another fella with a 33 90 7PS that was totally original. He had the same H material but more on the camel side color. He related to me the PO had searched everywhere for the original H broadcloth.

I'm probably going to do the mohair sample that was in the car- It's pretty much dead on to the LeBaron -Bonney 30-1 olive/brown mohair.

This maybe what you are looking for- Go to their web page and click on fabrics. www.LeBaronBonney.com You can request samples too 1-800-221-5408.

I don't know if it's correct or not but they can send a sample page for interior patterns for 1930-1935 Buick. However the piece left in my car didn't match these ???

I'm sure there are others, this is just what I've run across so far-

Sandy

OCM