Is Layson`s restauration a bad shop to deal with?

Leif Holmberg

I ordered 3 differen parts from Layson`s(he told me that they have 85000 differen parts to deal with.)

After a week they told me that the shop how made the PLYMOUTH letters had been bankrutt.Then he shipped 1 of my other ordered parts to my friend in USA.I asked about the second parts I ordered and he told me as you can read below.

I have asked Dave Layson 3 times when he will send the 2 parts I ordered and he don`t answer me.6 weeks has gone since I ordered my parts and he promised to send it after 1-2 weeks.

Leif, It looks like you have a "local" address to ship this too - the warehouse has pulled the "SS" part to ship. That price was $18.95 up $2 since beginning of year I guess. The rest was shipping charge for this entire order so if we have a backorder to ship in a week or two (which we do on the "ME" part) we would ship that out at no charge. As for sending copy of invoice....we have one enclosed with the shipment - do we need to fax one copy somewhere? Dave Layson

Layson's Restorations Inc.

Leif in Sweden.

Guest Plymouthy

while it is frustrating to no end not to get the part in what one would assume a resonable time frame. He did mention backorder and those are subject to filling by the supplier, not the retailer..he mentions shipping at no added charge said items when filled..you have two choices, find another supplier with items in stock..wait till backorder is filled. As for the part of not answering..other than a repeat of same said letter as posted..what more can he say except still on BO...I guess he could say..situation is unchanged...you still will npt get your part any quicker...

• 3 weeks later...

At list 8 week has gone and no parts has been sent from Layson`s,just wonder why I should bay those parts from another one when he promised to shipp the parts without shipping costs in US,that would cost me about $16 shipping if baying from another shop. Just think about from who you are baying parts from.

Leif in Sweden.