turn signals and hazard lights

rofly1

a few months ago the right side turn signals would light but not flash. a month ago the left side would light but not flash. now the 4 way flashers wont work. i replaced the 4 way flasher in the fuse box and still wont flash. i checked the fuses and they look good. it seems all of the turn signal bulbs will light. thanks roger

Hey Roger there are 2 flashers. The 1 you can see, and is on the fuse panel, is for the 4way only. The other one is hanging on the end of a couple of wites with a black tri connector on it. Because it is on the end of a "Loose" wire, it's tucked up thre someplace. Good luck, Lou

Guest My TC Toy

Roger

If the lamps came on and did not flash it has to be a flasher. Like Lou said hunt around the area of the fuse box and you will find it. Check for a clamping socket behind the lower panel, it is usually attached.

thanks for the help. i have removed the lower black cover and looked around. am i looking for the same metal type flasher like the 4 way flasher? there is a gray plastic housing with wires that snap on the end that looks like it is somewhat attached to the fuse box. roger

Guest My TC Toy

Roger,

If I am not mistaken there are two knee panels that have to be removed to get full access.

Yes, both flashers look the same, at least they did originally. Like Lou said, one is plugged into the fuse box and the other is at the end of a wire lead. And the more I think of it I think there is a plastic nipple on the top of the flasher that is twisted into a metal hole for attachment. Keep looking, you will find them, they're close.

Good luck.

Just for clarity, when you checked the lights one lit on each side on front and two lit on each side in the rear. Right?

Roger,

Flashers could be rectangle, could be round, could be cylindrical, could be silver, blue, or clear, could be metal or plastic. lz

Guest My TC Toy

Roger,

There are two long allan screws up through the bottom of the lights. There are two holes in the bumper cover directly below the lights. If they are rusted in and you cannot remove the screws you can get at the bulbs by removing the headlight covers and getting at them from the back. But it is easier if you remove the screws.

Do not strip out the allan sockets. Put some pen oil on them from the top.