The Talarico brothers

Talarico8447

Anybody out there who knew the Talarico brothers (Elmhurst, Il)??? I am Joe's daughter Margaret. Looking for some good stories, old pictures etc. that you might share. My uncle was his twin brother Jake. Thanks smile.gif

Margaret

My father was a Buick club member in the 80's/90's. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Margaret:

I was director at Chicagoland chapter of the BCA from 1983 thru 1986, a member there from 1978 to 1996. I knew both your dad and your uncle and they're well remembered here. I lived in Glen Ellyn and we met over at the GM center in Hinsdale at that time. No pics, just good memories.

Regards, Dave Corbin. BCA2756

Thanks for the reply and keeping their memory alive. It means the world to me and my family. We are trying to keep their legendary car enthusiasm going. We have a 1964 Olds Ninety-eight right now. You should check out our pics, the motor is VERY "Talarico" SOOOOOOOOOOOOO clean. Thanks again and best wishes to you and yours smile.gif

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Nick:

BTW, my everyday driver during some of that time was a 1966 Toronado which I bought new and still own. It will be at the Corbin's house 43 years this coming Sept. 17th.

Regards, Dave Corbin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
Guest pauldh50@gmail.com

Hi Margaret...I am Paul Hammel and I worked For Jake Talarico at the Elmhurst South Side Phillips 66 station from 1968 to 1970 while going to Jr College...I knew Joe as well who owned the Northside Phillips 66! Are the Brothers still with us???

• 3 years later...

Hi Paul,

please forgive my terribly late reply 

im just looking back at this thread as I have just acquired one of my dad’s old Buick’s!! (Yay!!!!!)

unfortunately, neither of the brothers our with us any longer. My father passed in 1993 and jake was about 6 years later.  Their stories are alive and well and I’m more than thrilled to have one  my dads cars 

1940 Buick special with only 26000 original miles 

I hope you enjoyed your time at the service station and hope you are happy and well 

warm regards, 

margaret 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2