$50k 63 ?

sosuzguy

Jayson,

That is the issue with a custom car, it is done totally for one person and their tastes. He probably has twice the $50K asking price in it, but knows he will not get that back, especially in a bad economy.

If you restored a 63 to near perfect, you could have $50 to $60K in it and would not be able to recoup that amount either, but you would have a larger market for the restored car.

Whenever I see a car that the price seems out of line on, I just remember that it could easily take a full year (2000 hours) to complete the project. If you can find someone to do it for $50 per hour, you are at $100,000.00 for just labor. Helps me keep things in perspective!

Tim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosuzguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hum. I saw this one in person at the ISCA Autorama in Dallas.

1963 Riviera click here </div></div>

Jayson,

Have you seen the car recently (the ad is 2 years old) in TX? There is a guy locally here in WA with one like that, I have always wondered if its the same one, I think he bought his last year.