What Brand of V-Belts Were Used in 1966

JZRIV

Guest Riviera66

From what I've seen, belts are like original factory hoses... they have the part number printed on them, in white ink from what I've seen. No indication of who manufactured the belts for Buick/GM.

Darwin Falk

1966-70 ROA Technical Advisor

Double checked the Wildcat belts tonight to check my recollection and the belts are definitely embossed with the correct `66 Buick part numbers. There are two digit numbers/letters before and after the part numbers, probably date codes, but I didn`t have sufficient light or orientation (car is in dead storage, no battery and the belts started slipping on the pulleys)to decipher the characters. I have seen this embossing occasionally over the years on other cars.

I always assumed the original belts were embossed and the service replacement belts were imprinted. Of course, this very well could have alternated on the original belts depending on supplier.

The belts on my Wildcat are embossed with a brand logo which appears to be an oval with the brand name written in cursive within, it looks much like a Gates logo but hard to make out without highlighting....maybe it reads "FORD"!!

Tom Mooney

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1965rivgs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Double checked the Wildcat belts tonight to check my recollection and the belts are definitely embossed with the correct `66 Buick part numbers. The belts on my Wildcat are embossed with a brand logo which appears to be an oval with the brand name written in cursive within, it looks much like a Gates logo but hard to make out without highlighting....maybe it reads "FORD"!!

Tom Mooney </div></div>

Tom,

My belts have the embossed cursive Gates logo inside the oval. Going from memory, the embossed part number was something like 8401 with a couple letters nearby. 8401 doesn't sound like a GM PN but I never really paid attention to belt numbers. Any other thoughts on the 8401?

Thanks