Western TC Nationals Carlsbad, May 3-5 Who's In?

Weather should be just about perfect in San Diego in May, hard tops will be stowed and convertable tops should be secured under the tonneau cool.gif There will no doubt be plenty of activities over the three days, cars show, parts swap, technical sessions and just generally connecting with other TC owners cool.gif Is anyone driving out, if so from where?? I'll be there, haven't missed it in a few years now smile.gif Heck, there are even a couple folks that have been to EVERY TC National!

Alan

Sorry-I'm going to Detroit to celebrate the 20th anniverary of the TC with the Chrysler Corp. at the Auburn Hills museum. On May 20th I will be at the Indianapols Motor Speedway as it is Community Day at the track. I have made plans with the speedway to take a SLOW lap with our TC's and a session with Mr. Penske through my smart car connections.

• 2 weeks later...

Alan,

I must return TC trophy and found out it will be over $100 to ship with insurance, etc!!!!!

Trying to decide whether to fly or drive. I assume that San Diego airport is the closest. Is that correct?

I have a set of wheels and tires I bought from Ron last National that I should pick up. Lots of reasons to bring the truck and trailer with 3 cars, except for the cost!!!! Not a good year with the market.

I also have a "sick" 16 V. Any interest in looking at it? I bought two sets of Todd's adjustable pulleys---as you suggested.

Let me know,

Marc

Guest mark blodgett

You can fly into Carlsbad on United Airlines. From Los Angeles they have about eight flights a day. The airport is about 3 or 4 miles from the hotel.

I am always interested in looking at a 16V car, sick or not. wink.gif Tell ya what, bring a trailer, leave an empty spot and I'll set you up with a nice white Ginger 16V car I *was* saving for me but I relly want to hold out for a red/ginger car when the right one comes along (plus I bought another Shelby so that kills the 'extra spot' I had blush.gif)

From your PM I think the turbo is gonna be beyond what we can expect to accomplish at the meet but ya never know. I could bring my brother along and maybe we could tackle it together... Too much work for me on my own when I am trying to be havin a lil fun too wink.gif

Alan