Hudson clutch fluid

Guest brian j

Guest imported_brian j

Hi. Brian here. Thanks much for the help on deciphering the clutch fluid question. I googled Hudsonite, and lo and behold,a plethora of information. Interestingly enough i also googled ATF fluid to find out what is in it in relation to Hudsonite. I did so as i found out from googling Hudsonite that people also use ATF with respectable results. Not suprisingly they are somewhat similar. They both would not be suitable as oil for combustion engine use. They both lubricate and prevent wear to fibrous devices(cork/transmission bands) and help to dissipate heat. Hudsonite has oil mixed with highly refined additives. ATF is primarily highly refined mineral oil with special additives. Both the Hudsonite and ATF additives have friction,shear resistance,and in some cases many other properties not discussed here. There were testimonials on behalf of Hudsonite and ATF both. In that respect, i would lean on the side of Hudsonite if i were concerned about being "correct", and not wanting to make a mistake..... On the other hand, my Daring side would like to try Amzoil ATF. It is supposed to have double the service life of regular ATF,and claims to have more heat resistance. Anyone out there have an opinion on this? Does anyone out there have an experience they would like to share on this ATF vs. Hudsonite question? Again thanks for the help on steering me to a Hudsonite source. Regards