60 Buick Water Pump

Guest Classic Lesabre

Guest Classic Lesabre

I am having a hard time finding a replacement water pump for my 60 Lesabre with a 364 nailhead. This pump was used on 59,60 and 61 w/o AC. Cardone show a number for the pump but no one has one. There is another number listed for a 61 model with AC. I know that the mounting is the same but what difference could there be? Would it be a higher volume or flow? If that is all the difference would I run into any overheating problems?

Guest SLO Ken

The AC version has 5 fins on the impeller, while the non-AC version has only 3. Also, I think the heater output is located differently. These water pumps (both w/ and w/o AC) show up on eBay from time to time. 1961 LeSabre Water Pump w/ AC. There shouldn't be any problems with overheating. If anything, it should run cooler with the AC water pump.

Guest Classic Lesabre

Thats what I was thinking that it would run cooler. I will try to find one of these also. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Classic Lesabre

I did compare the two pumps and you are correct the 61 A/C water pump is 2" shorter. I have seen on other sites that if I can find a 61 A/C fan pulley that the belts will line up and I can work with the spacing of the fan to the original distance from the radiator.