70 hood emblem

palbuick

The 1969 and 1970 front bumper emblems are completely different, the 69 emblem is a small trishield, chrome with a plastic insert<BR>about 4-5 tall, the 70 emblem is about 8 inches tall an is a plastic part with a plastic trishield insert. Apossibility is that some time ago the car was in an accident and the only parts available were from a 69, hood fenders and bumper. In 69 the portholes were above the front fender molding, the 70's were below the molding.<BR>Hope this helps<P>Jim Schif / palbuick@aol.com

I have a very nice (69)*70)Original emblem.I have a question... Someone on this sight said that the 69 and 70 emblems were differnt. I have a 69 emblem. A 1970 electra 225 2dr,hrtp. came in to our yard the other day.It has 69 marker lenses It has 70 taillight lenses,and it has a 70 title, And it has the same exact emblem as my 69.It also has a 455. Know would someone tell me please why was i told that they were differnt? Thankyou

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Additionally, the 70 Buick insignia holder is gray plastic with a metal backing to attach to the bumper front. Usually it is either damaged from being bumped, or the plastic deteriorates from the sun and weather. <P>------------------<BR>

I'm not sure about why 69 and 70 Electra's mixes up the parts. One of my 70 Electra's has fenders and grill from LeSabre (have seen others too) and the other 70 has the rear taillights from 69 Electra (also seen others with the same). Why? The one with the LeSabre front clip might have been in an accident, but why the 69 taillights on the other?

• 10 months later...

HEY BBEERKIRCHER-<BR>WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN? ARE YOU SELLING THAT 70 ELECTRA EMBLEM? THE 70 EMBLEM IS ON THE BUMPER OF THE CAR. THERE IS NOTHING ON THE HOOD OF A 70. GET BACK TO ME ABOUT THAT 70 EMBLEM,BECAUSE MY 70 ELECTRA'S EMBLEM IS WEATHER BEATTEN.<P>THANKS