1925 screenside

gboy

Anyone have an original unrestored screeside that has original wood floor. I have had several inquire whether the 1925 DB screenside had bed floors that were painted or left natural? I have a 1918 original nonrestored DB screenside which has the original unrestored floor, the floor is natural, not painted. I have seen a original, unrestored 1927 Graham Brothers screenside with the original floor which was natural.

painted or unpainteded is the question?

Guest Ed_Joyce

Our 28 GB had bare wood with these metal strips between boards-I have never seen another one like it. We've had it judged at AACA National shows with no questions on finish.

post-57203-143138045917_thumb.jpg

Guest Merchant Xpress

My 29 half ton has a metal floor in the bed. I like the looks of the wood floor and may get a kit to do mine like it. It will never carry any that can hurt it anyway so why not make it look good. My truck only had two owners besides me and the second owner just kept it long enough to sell it to me, the original owner kept it completely stock to the way he bought it new so I don't doubt the metal bed was the way he bought it.

Harry