Carb. rebuild kits Buick 6

TomTIII

I'm having issues with my '23 Buick including no power. It starts and runs, but has no power. I have cleaned out the gas tank (and had it lined), put in a new aux. electric fuel pump, filled the vac. tank with gas, and had it run for a half hour with no aux fuel pump, and no problems at idle or even fast idle. As soon as I try to get it going up the driveway, particularly when it is warmed up, it can't get up the hill. When I step on the gas, it quits. I don't want to get into the carb. until I'm sure I can at least find gaskets. Any suggestions on who has gaskets or kits would be greatly appreciated. By the time this is done, I should write a book about how not to store you vintage car, and what the new ethanol mix can mess up in the fuel system.

Tom

post-59809-143138043052_thumb.jpg

post-59809-143138043054_thumb.jpg

First, try Olsen's for your gaskets:

http://www.olsonsgaskets.com/

Check your spark advance to see if you are running with a retarded spark and advance the spark as needed for full power after starting...(no gaskets needed).

Next, check the screen at the bottom of the vacuum tank or have a small container gravity feed the carburator so you can eliminate the vacuum tank as your problem. The screen at the bottom of the vacuum tank may need to be cleaned...(gaskets needed).

Next, check the heat riser tube inside the casting above your carb. The steel tube inside the casting often rusts through and allows exhaust to flow into the intake. You can have a muffler shop press in a replacement tube made from aluminized exhaust tubing...(more gaskets needed).

That should keep you busy for now...

Good luck,