Hershey Meet Status

If the terrorists disrupt or shut down life as we know it in the United States, they will have succeeded in a major objective.<P>Those who died would not want the bastards to win. Grieve, help in any way possible, contribute but continue the American way of life. And fight back with increased resolve.<BR> ~ hvs

Does anyone know where Herco plans to put the campers, motorhomes, and land yachts at the Hershey meet? Sounds like space is very tight. My friends and I usually camp for the week with a tent trailer or pickup camper. Where will we go?

Peter,<BR>Other than myself, I only recall ever seeing one other on here from the Hershey Region. I haven't had direct involvement with the Fall Meet in over 10 years now or I would had been glad to helped those that have been asking questions. My suggestion for those in need, is to call the Chuck Wagon Lodge of the Hershey Region at 717-566-7720 for their answers.<P>Also, did you not state on here in the past Peter that we were to get updates from the Region in helping with these questions? Maybe I am mistaken.<P>And as far as I know Nor'east Car Nut, the camper parking is at the far east side of the White Field near Sand Beach Road. I would still call them to be sure.<P>Rick

Rick,<P>I've asked for the materials... and was promised the materials... but to date... i've gotten nothing. <P>I'm 2500 miles away. I think this is gonna take some face-to-face work, something I cant do.<P>Peter

Guest 57 pontiac

I have a map but it is only of the chocolate field where they put me this year. From speaking to people that have spaces there from last year it looks like my spaces are in what was the car corral. If that is so I don't know what happen to the corral. I sure seems hard to get any one from that region to get on this site and answer some questions from us that travel a distance to get there. I'm sure it will all work out but it is nice to know in advance what you are getting into .I have a camper and I put up a 10X20 canopy, I was wondering how I was going to hold the canopy down. As I see it, I will tie two sides ( ends )to the camper's wheels and the other middle to the spare tire which I will take off the camper. Sounds like it should work. See ya there.

Guest 57 pontiac

For those that have not gone to the web site refered to in the above reply. I would suggest that you do. This blows my mind and I now have even more questions as to what we should expect that the car show.

I drove through there yesterday, and I have no clue how things are going to be set up this year. By the way I do not belong to the Hershey region so I am no help that way either. <P>The White field is basically unchanged. The Chocolate field and Choc Annex are 100% paved. The green field is where the new stadium is going and there is a lot of paving around that area but I doubt if it will be used since it is still under construction. The yellow field had the grass cut a few weeks ago and the fence went up last week. The show field now has driveways cut through it (reference the link above).<BR>It will be a mystery how everything will fit together. But next year will be great when the construction is complete and everything is paved. <BR>I tried taking pictures but I don't have a telephoto lens with my digital, so you can't see crap in them.<P>Good luck and we will all live and learn. <BR> rolleyes.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

I heard from the national office today. A hershey region representative will be overnighting me maps and other information for tues delivery. I'll have it posted Tues night.<P>Peter