88 power inverter

2reattas

Just finished putting the interior in my 88,hooked up the shifter and the lights do not come on, the window and mirror switches light. have 2 invertors one has no voltage on blue and wht/blk wires, the other has aroud 50 volts at the invertor as well as the shifter connector. the book says should be around 110, has someone or can someone check these voltages?, book says gray and blk wires should have battery, mine is around 7, i would assume more input volts would give you more output, dont have a clue where i would look for that.

thanks harvey

Guest Mc_Reatta

The dimmer slider on the headlight switch would control the voltage to the inverters. So the one with 7 in 50 out is probably working fine. I also thought there was one inverter in the dash for the headlight and wiper switches and another in the console for the gear selector, window and mirror switches. If you just replaced the shifter but the window and mirror switches light, I suspect you disconnected the panel that lights the gear selctor somehow when you were messing about. See how the inverter voltage gets to that panel and you will probably find your problem as either dirty or a bad connection where at the panel connection.

there are 2 invertors, had 2 88's,4 invertors(1 on the lamb),2 shifter panels, 1st panel lit, when shifted to drive all went out on console,suspected both invertor and panel, changed panel no lights, changed invertor nothing, changed invertors again, wiggled plug on shifter panel, mirror and window switches lit up(dirty plug) shift panel flickered a few times, suspected it to be dirty,dont know if i ruined it or not but it doesnt work, the other panel doesnt light up. broke out the book and checked voltage, so maybe 2 bad panel and 1 good invertor. thanks harvey

So just what [110 electroeluminenst] lights are working? I take it the dash, headlight switch and wiper panel, and crt [tell tail] lights are working and dimming with the dimming slider? You are only having trouble with the gear selector? There is only one regular light bulb in all of this. The cigerette ashtray......That said, the whole system is still controled by the sensor in the dash under the brittle cover that breaks most every time you take it off.....ken

yes the dash [110 electroeluminenst] lights are working,having the problem with the gear selector, console has been torn apart for a few years, not knowing how the console lights work w/[110 electroeluminenst], 90 is diff., now know gear selector needs to be plugged in for the mirror/window [110 electroeluminenst] lights to work,both gear selectors do not light up, one selector worked until you put car in drive and then it went out, i probably helped it along to the trash can, it no longer works at all, is there a way to test gear selector on or off the car?

does make sense the dash slider would vary the input volts at the console inverter, the manual said should be 110 volts out but didnt take into account the slider wasnt at hi.