Startix for a 1934 President?

V.Milke

Hi everybody. Another one of my questions:

Was the Startix unit a standard item on 1934 Presidents? Or was it an option?

I understand they are not really desirable and could be troublesome, but if the cars were only offered that way, I would need to get one for my car.

What happened when the car had no Startix? Was there a starter button anywhere else? I can't find that in the manual.

Thanks,

Victor

Victor,

I looked up starter switch in my parts book for the 1934 President © and they only specify the Startix. So it would appear that this was the standard equipment for this year. Perhaps someone else can chime in with any additional information.

Incidentally, I do have a Startix available if you have any interest. I wili PM you with contact information.

Joel

Thanks for all the info. It is clear that the Startix can be used if working correctly, however, still the same doubt arises, if it was a regular part of the car or if it was an option.

I also looked at the parts book and it is mentioned for the '34 President... but also the owner's manual (The President), though not mentioning the word Startix, mentions that to start the car you just need to turn the key, and that if after repeated cranking the car has not started, the close the key and wait for a minute, before doing it again, this time with full trottle... that would seem to me that is is only refering to the way the car starts with the Startix system, and does not mention another way of cranking the engine... not a button or anything...

So, question still is, if it was optional or if it was a regular offering in Presidents.

Thanks,

Victor