1935 Senior dashboard -- wiper pulls in right place?

1935Packard

This winter, I plan to get new woodgraining for my 1935 1207. In the 1970s, the dash was just repainted the body color; I want to get the right woodgrain pattern.

In order to do this, though, I first need to figure out something about the dashboard: In particular, are the button/pulls on the dash that work the windshield wipers in the correct original place, or were they added on later? Here is a picture of my dashboard; the pulls I have in mind are the black plastic buttons near the glove boxes (the left one is partly obscured by the steering wheel).

I have seen a lot of pictures of 1935 senior-model dashboards, and some of the cars have buttons/pulls in that place and others don't. I want to make sure I restore mine to the correct version when I get the woodgraining done. Any idea if a 1207 coupe roadster (one manufacured late in the 12th series) should have them? Oh, and I realize the black plastic is wrong -- the pulls should be small and chrome, based on pictures of old dashes I have seen -- that is, if they should be there at all.