Brake System Leak

Guest Leadguy

Guest Leadguy

Thanks Barney.

Is the failure of this part a flag for anything else that any of you are aware of Do they just wear out, or could some other problem have caused it?

Guest steakneggs

The only thing that could have caused it, other than George W. Bush, would be too high of a pressure which is controlled by the component that you will be replacing. Steak

The pressure switch could be 19 years old and the seal started leaking. Not much you can do.

If you have not heard my speech......flush the brake fluid every 2 years if you live in a humid area.

If you live in Phoenix you can go 5 years

Other areas should be changing every 3-4 years.

Guest steakneggs

I got one I'll slide you for the price of shipping, probably $4-5. It came off the Teves I removed when I converted to vac brakes. It's off an '88. Don't know if it's the same as an '89. Send me a PM with a picture of the plug end. Steak

Guest Leadguy

Hello steakneggs,

Yes I want to buy it. '88 is the same from what I've found.

How would you like to be paid? Do you take paypal? If I pay $20 can you send it US Mail Express?

Thanks

Guest Leadguy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leadguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello steakneggs,

Yes I want to buy it. '88 is the same from what I've found.

How would you like to be paid? Do you take paypal? If I pay $20 can you send it US Mail Express?

Thanks

</div></div>

steakneggs,

I just tried to cancel my order on Amazon for the part I order yesterday. After talking to India it looks like a big hassle coming. So I guess I am stuck with the $111 part instead of your generous offer.

I can still buy yours as a backup, but I won't need it in a hurry anymore. So, If you are still willing to let it go for $5, I'll take it.

Big thanks in any event.

Guest steakneggs

Sorry I didn't make the offer sooner. I forgot that I had it. I also have a good pump motor, a faulty pump and a clogged reservoir if you or anybody needs them. Send me a PM with your address. I don't need them for a backup because mine is converted and I don't plan on getting any more Reattas. Steak