Gas Float

Cokekid

On July 3/08 I puchased a new gas sending unit float for my 48 Linc as the old float had developed a lot of cracks.I puchased this unit from Sacramento Vint, Ford Co.

I noticed my gas guage would not work so I started checking everything except the sending unit, Ater finding everthing was O.K. I deceided to check the unit and found the float had the same cracks as the float I just took out.

Has anyone else ever had this problem.? I am using gas that has 86 Octane rating.

All comments would be appreciated

Cokekid

Guest V8andahalf

Replaced mine last year with one made by Vintiques. I think Saco Vint Ford sells that brand. Had no problems what so ever with it. I've delt with Saco Vint Ford and have always been satisfied.

I am hoping it may have been just one in a bad batch that was produced.

I sent a email to Sacramento Vint Foerd explaining my problem and they answer back saying they would sent me another float at no cost to me.

I am glad to see they stand by their product as I wil not hesitate to do busines with them in the future.

cokekid,

just replaced the float in my gas take last winter, it held out since 1975. Brass just does that! It seems formed

brass, floats, fog light rims( hydro embitterment-chrome

plating.) I purchased my from DRAKE Ford parts. My local

Ford dealer had a similar float, same basic Ford part#.

Fits a Bronco, a little smaller, but itworks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest moodier

Hi;Sounds liike you all have been dealing with the tank sending units on these cars.I don't remember if can remove the unit from tank without taking down the tank?Have never been able to get mine to work.The dash gauge responds when grounded etc.I replaced it many years ago and didn't work then either blamed it on not being compatible thought maybe was wrong sending unit as appeared to be from a ford truck part number.Bought it from an antique ford supplier!Any thoughts?Thanks

I had no problem removing the unit from the top. I just rolled back the carpet in the trunk and then removed the screws from the unit and lifted it out.

I received a replacement at no charge from Sacramento Vintage Ford. I will have to wait awhile until I can install it in the tank.