Touring the Palmetto State

R W Burgess

A final comment/wrapup!

Remember good old Wally, the flathead owner that had to be rollbacked to the hotel? Alan Groome eventually found a defective distributor and gave Wally one of his to get back to Kitty Hawk, NC. That's what AACA members do, by the way. Wally will in turn, ship Alan's distributor back to him.

My gas problems disappeared after getting back home. I refilled the Corvette with local high test and a gas additive. Thankfully the fuel injector repair has been put off for a few more years.

I did blow out another trailer tire before I got out of South Carolina. Keeping the speed below 75 mph helped with that problem. I am not happy with this standard trailer tire situation. When and if I buy another trailer, something special will be ordered. I need a heavy duty type, truck type, trailer tire to handle my driving situations. Sounds like a good trailer/towing thread in the works.

For all AACA readers of this thread, please do consider touring with our club members. If you ever try it, you will be hooked for life. There is no more fun to be had in life than playing with old cars. They were meant to be driven, so try it out.

A big THANKS to the South Carolina Region for hosting this tour. You guys are the best.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">good old Sherman </div></div> Better be careful there Wayne. Ya's startin' to sound like one of them there Yanks grin.gifgrin.gif

Couldn't resist pokin a little fun.

Glad you had a good and safe time.