Wheel/tire size - 1963

WOWEN

I've done a bit of measuring (Percy's Wheelrite) and I have come up with what I feel is a workable combination for aftermarket wheels/tires on my 1963 Riviera. 15 X 8" wide with a 3-1/8" offset and 245-60 (maybe 70) tires. Has anyone had experience with these numbers or do you have better ones ?

It's a resto-mod of sorts so I'm not interested the stock combination. (sorry guys)

Thanks

8" wide wheels will work in the front if you haven't lowered it and don't plan to. I have the AirRide set up on mine and have 17x7's in the front and 17x8's in the back. I went with a fairly tall tire (235/55R17) in the front and these will rub if I try to drive it all the way down while turning, so tire size has a lot to do with this, too. I know a guy who has 20x8's in the front and his do not rub, but he has a really short tire (I do not know the size for sure).

A quick word of warning about aftermarket wheels I had to learn the hard way. Check the center hole diameter. Most aftermarket 5x5 wheels come with a 3 1/8" center hole for the hub/axle. These fit Chevrolet cars and trucks fine, but the Riviera uses a 3 5/16" center hub. I had to have my wheels machined to fit on my car. Also, the stock rivets on the front hubs will have to be ground off to get an aluminum wheel to seat properly, if the factory rivets are still in place. Just my two cents worth.

Steve Owens

63 low and slow

Oklahoma City