Trunk Problem.

AWINTER

Hi all,

My 90 Reatta trunk won't open. It's lost that "click" sound when you pressed the inside release or turned the key manually. Is there a relay there somewhere?

I couldn't even open it manually from inside the trunk...

Thanks in advance...

Guest Ranger

Wints,

Check your door panel red and white lights, your interior courtesy lights, and auto door locks, if they're out, there's a yellow 20 amp fuse under a cover on the drivers side of the "transmission"/console hump - right next to your lower right leg as you sit in the car. Mine goes out once a year, no apparent reason.

Jim Too

Guest steakneggs

The trunk on the Steakmobile clicks but won't pop open from the inside switch. It does the same thing with the key, but I'm there to lift it. Kind of annoying. What do I do? Steak

Guest steakneggs

I'm talking about the button below the tape deck. When I push it, it clicks but doesn't open the trunk unless someone is there to lift it. Steak

Guest weewilly

my 90 does not pop open it just sits there but is unlocked when it makes poping noise. It is no problem though you just pull it up and it is open. I have looked at many reattas and most act the same as mine. Not a problem unless it really does not unlock......

Guest steakneggs

Mine relocks itself when I let go of the button. I'll read the owners manual. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Steak

There is a little plastic part on the latch that is spring loaded, I suspect that has broken.

Its function is to pop the latch up when the solenoid unlocks the latch. The Reatta deck lid does not raise when the button is pushed, it should pop up about 1/4 inch out of the latch.

Before you ask....the plastic part and spring are not available. You must get a new latch.

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Eaton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a little plastic part on the latch that is spring loaded, I suspect that has broken.

Its function is to pop the latch up when the solenoid unlocks the latch. The Reatta deck lid does not raise when the button is pushed, it should pop up about 1/4 inch out of the latch.

Before you ask....the plastic part and spring are not available. You must get a new latch. </div></div>

If the first thing to happen should be the solenoid to unlock the hatch, would the solenoid be the problem if I can't hear it trying to engage? If so, where is it located?

There is a relay in the trunk that activates the trunk latch. It is located on the passenger side above the wheel well, behind the trunk carpeting. Very common relay, still available through Buick. Probably aftermarket also.

The solenoid is actually part of the trunk latch.