It is old...do you recognize it?

We have found a sign in an old auto shop. Sign reads "Durkee-Atwood Fan Belts. Gaurunteed fresh if the package is unbroken".<BR>My husband has been in the auto business for over 25 years and does not remember packaged fan belts. A 94 year old gentleman thinks he remembers that they were used on the Model T and another friend suggest they were packaged when bison hides were used for the belts. Any ideas? The sign is in excellent condition dark blue and deep red background with white lettering. Has 6 metal "hangers". Sorry I do not have a scanner can not send picture. Thanks, Susie

On page 63 of Chilton's Spring 1931 Automotive Multi-Guide there is an ad for Durkee-Atwood. The ad shows fan belts, radiator hose a "motor heater" (block heater) and "RieNie Safety Frost Shield" (some sort of double pane stick on thing to keep the windows from frosting over). According to the ad they were based in Minneapolis and had been in business since 1910.

Susie,<P>In reply to your private message: To fax a copy of the ad to your husband I will first need to make a photocopy of the page. I can do that tomorrow.<P>I will then fax the photocopy. However I suspect that the quality will not be too good. When it is received (sometime tomorrow) let me know if it is usable. If not, then forward me your postal address and I can mail the photocopy.