Vacuum Tank Problem

vergil

I finaly got around to hooking up the vacuum tank on my '16. <span style="font-weight: bold">Not being a mechanic</span>, I was really proud of myself. It filled up right away with lots of suction. I got down the road maybe three miles or so and it just stopped and I was unable to get it started again. The vacuum tank was full of gas but seemed to be delivering too much gas.To get home I just hooked up the electric pump again. Where did I go wrong or what do I have to look for now? Thanks!

Bill

Guest oldodgeboys

Not really sure what 'delivering too much gas' means. Was it overflowing at the vacuum tank or at the carburetor, or was it something else?

Guest oldodgeboys

Its been a while since I had one apart, but the key to understanding how to fix these things is to know the theory behind them.

The internet should help, as should an owners manual or a Stewart Vacuum Tank manual. The books are available at Romar and other fine retailers.

Gus

Gus,

By delivering too much gas I meant that it was filling very,very fast. There was no overflow at any point.

Dave, I checked this thing out thorougly over a period of a month before reassembling with new gaskets and springs and everything checked out just fine. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks for your replies.