FS : 1972 Buick Riviera

Guest Scott Marencic

Guest Scott Marencic

I have for sale a 1972 Buick Riviera. I originally bought this car for the driveline, however it seems too good to cut up, so I'm offering it for sale.

This is a car that someone wanted to restore, got about 1/4 of the way into it, then lost interest and $$. Most of the trim and fasteners are in the trunk, labelled and bagged.

It appears the ignition coil on the motor is no good, I could not get spark after swapping out the points, condenser, cap and rotor. There is +5.3v at the coil but for whatever reason it wouldn't spark.

I dropped in a spare HEI I had on hand, and the motor fired immediately. The motor sounds good, valvetrain is quiet. The car moves both forward and reverse. I have not driven it on the road, as there are no tags on it.

There is some rust on the car, mainly around the rear wheelwells. The floorpans are in excellent condition.

If you're going to the AACA fall meet, I live about 1/4 mile off of Hersheypark Drive (on N Hanover St), so if you're interested, and going to be in town anyway, we can arrange a time to meet up.

I can deliver the car if needed, we could arrange that as part of the terms of sale.

Asking $2000 obo.

I can be reached here on the board, or you can call me at (717)215-5863.

Thanks!

post-30699-143138005718_thumb.jpg

post-30699-143138005721_thumb.jpg

post-30699-143138005724_thumb.jpg

Unless your title and vehicle vin confirm the authencity as a 72-- by the supplied photos, it appears to actually be a 71, by the vented deck lid-- unless the deck lid has been replaced sometime during the cars history--- only 71 full size GM models had vented deck lids-- the vents were removed for 72 models due to a change in the "fresh air" flow venting in the body itself. There is also no direct front end shot showing the grille style--- 71 had horizontal bars and 72 had cross-hatch ("egg-crate") style.just a quick observation from photos supplied.

Guest Scott Marencic

The previous owner said he put the different trunk lid on the car, he said the original was in bad shape.

According to the car's title, it is a '72. It does have the egg-crate grill.

I guess I should move the car up a few feet so I can get a good front end pic.