25 clutch

Grizzly 1

no when we pushed the clutch pedal in, the plates did not separate now that we have removed from the car..the spring was removed and the plates are perfectly loose with the spring out..the pins on the flywheel are perfect..smooth..the plates and fibrous material are spotless..the spring is good, ..when you push the pedal i presume the next thing that happens is the pressure is removed somewhat from the spring and that allows a little separation in the clutch spring assmbly and that small movement allows the plates and material to move..and then grab when you let clutch out...so is it the throwout bearing..i am thinking it just is the fulcrum for the backward movement of some part that allows this to occur??? thanks for answering

Guest oldodgeboys

I have a 25 with clutch and/or transmission input shaft issues also. I'm not familliar with your problem, but I hope some of the more experienced brothers can help.

Guest oldodgeboys

Your 25 is the same as a 24, your son may be able to help with your problem also.

My 25 transmission keeps spinning even when the clutch is pressed in. Its not a pretty sight when I grind those gears like that.

When I inspected the clutch, the plates were free to move and had plenty of travel.

I am using a custom-mix heavy oil (it barely flows at 70f) in the transmission and that helps a lot when the trans is cold only. When the oil is hot, its grind time.

I lubricated the pins atached to the flywheel, and that helped also, but it did not cure the problem.

Based on the clutch/trans drawings provided by DB, it looks as if the car uses a pilot bearing in the flywheel for the trans input shaft. Most cars use this type of set-up, but I have not yet verified that my DB uses it (I will take it apart this winter). It may be that the pilot bearing is bad thereby causing the trans input shaft to spin.

• 1 year later...
Guest pedro2560

hi,my 23 has same problem,tryed the brake kleen thing,have omala 680 wt/grease mix in the trans,but still the plates wont separate,could it be sticking on the main shaft and moving the lot back,if i turn it off and seperate them buy hand it spins freely and can select gears etc, but as soon as i put in gear let the clutch out,and stop again,and try to change gear, back to the same old tricks.this is driving me mad,pins look good,friction plate holes good,clutich plate holes ovaled slightly,could that be part of it,could it be somethinh to do with the little rods that connect from one plate to the other.any help would be great guys.cheers pete