Won't run right??????

Guest reattafun

Guest reattasnohio

Problem!!

Drove last night and things were fine. This morning started up the 91 and overnight it has developed a bad miss and rough idle. Had to park it. Where should I look first??

Chris in Ohio

Guest weewilly

I hate to be stupid. I have been reading the forum info for months and understand most, but when we use acronyms such as ICM etc I get confused. could someone please let us not so savy participants know the defination for many of these acronyms. Thanks in advance.

ICM ( Ignition Control Module). The base to which the coil pack is attached to. Gives fireing order to the spark plugs. If it goes south, you'll know immediately. If you look around the edges of the coil pack, where it attaches to the ICM and see a gooey substance leaking out, replace ASAP. Hope this helps.

Also, location is between the alternator & radiator.

Guest reattasnohio

I did not see anything from the icm but did notice it has a very bad exhaust smell that was not there before.

Chris

Guest reattasnohio

Update!!

I pulled the plug wires off the first coil module and it was dead. I replaced it and am back to normal. Ironically it has been replaced before because it is not identical to the others. Thank you for the HELP!!!

Chris in Ohio