HELP...33 Olds

Guest norby48

Guest norby48

Hi folks, Nice web site!

I recently got a 33 Olds 2dr sedan (115"WB). It is a real solid body on a rolling chassis. FOR FREE!!

It was actually pushed out into the street and abandoned in Chicago. I was lucky enough to know his neighbor and got a bill of sale.

No interior, steering box, or column. The wood in the sides and doors is pretty good, but the roof has been caved in and the floor cut out for new metal and braces. The window frames and tracks are gone, too.

Since it is missing so much, I want to rebuild it as a "resto-rod", using all Olds parts. I drive my stuff a lot. I need headlights and posts, and running boards.

I can modify or fabricate everything else. I am not a novice and I know some of you guy's won't like that. But, has anyone got any helpful advice?

One thing that puzzles me is that it has all new correctly stamped metal around the door jambs, including the latch areas. Does Chevy stuff fit the main body? I can't believe anyone makes stuff for this Olds.

By the way, this car has an old AACA water release decal in the back window.

Thanks, Norby

Norby, naturally you contacted a site that is all about the <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> restoration <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> of cars and not building rods. However, most of us realize that this car may be a good vehicle for a resto-mod. You own it so it is your choice!

'33 is a difficult year for restorers. Parts are scare. The folks on the Olds club of America and the National Antique Olds Club may be a great resource. The former Prez of the NAOC is an expert on '33's. I am not aware that anyone made reproduction panels for this car.

BTW, no one faults anyone in this hobby that can make parts! We do it all the time when necessary.

Guest ZondaC12

Yeah that thing is unfortunately missing quite a lot so I for one have no problem with you making it your own! Good luck!

Guest norby48

thanks, guys. The only thing left is the body and rolling chassis. Even the dash is empty. Real straight and solid, though. I do a hot rod every few years and drive 'em. I always do them so that they could be restored later. I guess my main question is, do Chevy body parts interchange with the Olds? My buddies' 33 Chevy looks a lot like it. I know the fenders and trunk and that don't. I wish I knew where the other guy got the NEW door jambs. They are factory-made.

Anyway, thanks again. Norb