WANTED: BatterySupplier for '48 Packard

Guest Imperialcoupe36

Guest Joe McCormick

Hello, I am looking to replace the battery in my 1948 Packard Woody (original), 6 volts, measures 30 & 1/2" long, 4 inches wide, and 8" high. I called Kanter in New Jersey and they advise me that they, as of May 2008, no longer retail these batteries as they cannot find a supplier. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joe

Guest Joe McCormick

Hello Jeff, Thanks for your reply. I did try our local farm store yesterday, Tractor Supply, and they called their distributor, and no luck. What town and state are you in? Mayube I could call your Rural King store and ask them to ship a battery to me. Do you remember the model number? Joe

Guest groscap

They have a website, ruralking.com, have several stores in Indiana. I can check when I get to my shop if there is a part number.

Guest groscap

The part # is CFT3EH. The measurements seem to be a little different than yours, 19 1/4" long, 4 3/8" wide, 8 1/2" tall. It fits fine in the original tray for my sedan though. My local store's number is 574-753-2030.

Guest Joe McCormick

To Jeff Stuart & John Callin, Thank you both very much for your coming to my assistance. to John Callin, I appreciate you giving me that web site of the antique auto battery store. I completed one of their information requests and they do list this battery. To Jeff Stuart, your information is very helpful, just in case I don't make out with the other supplier. By the way, I was incorrect with my one dimension of my battery, the 30 and 1/2 inches was incorrect, the measurement is the same as your battery, or the 19 inches. I either need new glasses or a new ruller - I'm betting on the glasses.

Joe

Guest Joe McCormick

Hello Jeff Stuart, Many thanks, again. You saved me a bundle. Rural King cannot sell it as an internet sale, but it has to go through one of their stores. No problem. The other quote was $195. plus $29.50 shipping. I owe you one.

Joe