Looking 4 Shipping Advise on early 1900's bare frame

DavidP

What would be the best way (cheap) to ship an early 1900's rolling frame cross country ... California (LA) to Toronto?

Relatively small & light, just the side rails and wheels (rims only) assembled ... a rolling frame?

Most shippers will want a running vehicle ... :-(

I'm considering buying this rolling frame (rare), but need to find a way to get it home ...

Any advise would be appreciated ...

I'm afraid its too late to do anything about it now ... frown.gif

Just an item on ebay that sold early with a 'Buy It Now' ...

I would of 'Bought It Now' ... immediately ... if I thought I could arrange shipping ...

I think someone has made a pretty Good Purchase ... being as its probably 1 of about 50 made that year ... the 2nd year in production ...

1906 Rauch and Lang Rare Antique Electric Project Chassis

Item number: 150283917549

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150283917549&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

post-48021-143137998946_thumb.jpg

Guest EMF-Owner

Don't know if you noticed or not, but this chassis is back up on ebay.

This may not be a 1906 chassis. The wheels look like steel fellow demountables, which would not have been used until well into the teens. Does appear to be chain driven as a car of this period would be.

Good luck finding enough parts to complete it.

Have a good day.

John

I appreciate you letting me know ...

I did receive a notice about being relisted through ebay this morning ...

The shipping would probably be more than the frame with the distance involved ...

I'll have to keep looking for something a little 'better' or 'closer' ...

As to the actual year, I only know that chain drive had disappeared before 1912 on the Rauch & Lang ...

Once again ... thank you for the heads up ...

I'm still looking ... been looking for the last few years as well ... just something rough for a winter (several winters) project ...

I posted (moved)this in the electric vehicle forum with the picture and listing number ...

If I could pick it up cheap enough, and arrange transportation, I probably would take a chance, although I realize it could probably never be restored to origional ...