Early auto movies

HarryJ

I was wondering, how many early (pre-WWII) factory assembly plant movies still exsist? I have three video tapes of movies, which are quite interesting; "How Packard Builds A Body", a movie from Ford (circa 1931) on Lincoln production and a rather poor copy of a Stutz movie. As I stated, these are interesting and helpful in my efforts to restore cars in my care and to preserve others.

Harry J

I have a copy of a silent film made around 1923 or the Durant assembly plant in Leaside, Ontario, Canada building the Durant cars. Very interesting in showing how they painted the touring car bodies. They used what looks like a garden hose just flowing out the black paint and safety equipment was non existent. It does make me laugh at those over restored cars with $10,000 paint jobs and tons of clear coat. The originals had to have runs etc.

rsb ......Super thanx.........I'd like to see more of these movies................in my original post I mentioned a Stutz movie. I was wrong it was an Auburn movie. I was called by the Stutz Club..............Thanx . Durant...Could you share a copy of this movie with the forum? rsb, I have surfed the "You Tube" reference you gave me; there are quite a few early movies available at this source. I hope the AACA Library has copies.