Engin shutting down

Gary Frank

The engine will shut down around 30 mph at times and will restart. It seem the more you drive it the more it happens. Park it for a few days and all is well until it starts shutting down again and the condition worsens to where it will not restart. Replace ICM, coil pack, ECM and mass air flow sensor. We are looking at the Crank sensor now. I have car at very good professional shop now and it has not been resolved. Could use some help and thanks in advance. PS: no set codes

Gary Frank

Guest jcc3inc

Gary,

I have had to replace (2) crank sensors; last summer the '97 LeSabre quit and I ended up replacing it. This year the Reatta quit, restarted after it sat for a while. Symptoms were: it quit when it had run a while, then would restart after cooling for maybe 20 minutes.

For the LeSabre I thought it might be the fuel pump so I replaced it and the filter but that was the wrong guess!

Regards,

Jack C.

Guest 90REATTALONG

I had same thing happen to 2002 eldorado about three times but the next time the engine service light came on. It was the crank sensor upper and lower. It was $225.00 at a dealer. good luck