Lesabre Power Windows

kilkm

I bought an '01 Lesabre a couple of weeks ago for a replacement work car. Very clean low mile car, I like to drive. The other day my drivers side power window would not work. The next day when I tried it it worked and has since. I did some research on line on the model and have found page after page of complaints about the Lesabre power windows. Seems the regulators break quite often, it's a big problem with this model from what I've read. Also some of my dash lights are burnt out which I thought unusual for a car with only 59,000 miles but again I find this to be a common complaint on the '01 Lesabre. I'm considering getting rid of this thing even though I really like the car, before I need some expensive repairs. I haven't found the same complaints with the Park Avenue on line, I may try and find one of those. Anyone have a Lesabre that has had problems with the windows or dash lights? Does the Park Avenue have the same problems?

I have a 1989 Lesabre (diff. model) and I had a problem with the pass. side window, I rolled it down and it would not come back up! It turns out that the plastic regulator thing had broke because it was old and it had become brittle. Where out of curiosity did you buy the lesabre, it sounds like my great uncle's from Ohio?

Car was bought in Illinois. It's dissapointing to hear of all the problems with this model. I had a '95 Lesabre limited that I put 216,000 almost trouble free miles on before it blew a head gasket. I liked the Lesabre so much I bought another one, wondering now if I should have bought a Toyota!

Guest John Chapman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilkm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wondering now if I should have bought a Toyota! </div></div>

While noted for their reliability, Toyotas also suffer from some of the same age-related ills. Two 1995 Avalon models in the family required rebuilt p/w regulators because the nylon assemblies had failed after becoming brittle. Other sore points are power antenna mast cables, electric door locks that start sticking at 8-10 years, annunciator lamps in the gear selector that fail (RX 300), rear main seal leaks (1999-2002 V6). While awfully good and almost bullet proof, Toyotas are not magic. Chances are you got the LeSabre for less than half of what a similar Avalon would cost. For that money, you can fix a lot of dash lamps and window regulators.

Cheers,

JMC