soft top and door panels

Is anyone interested in the soft top with glass window and ginger door panels from my parted out car? They are taking up too much space in the garage and will end up getting ruined if I hold on to them. Must be someone who can come and pick them up from the house in Riverside, CA since I won't ship them. Maybe pay me what the glass in the softtop is worth. I know there are lots of members with TC's in SoCal that could come over and pick up these parts and get them out of my way. I have been reluctant to cut a glass window out of a nearly new soft top but that will remain my last option if no one picks these things up, I won't be getting another TC since they are getting a little on the old side for a car with computers.

email me at peavey7@hotmail.com

Top is black fabric, last time I looked at it (been in garage for 2 years) the stitching was perfect, window was dirty, tiny wear spots from the tonneau touching it in two spots. The woman I bought it from said that she had the top replaced recently and it looked like it. My 33,000 mile 91 TC's top had secondary stitching coming apart from age and this top had none of that. I haven't kept up with prices on the glass since none have been up for sale lately but they were worth $100 last time I saw one for auction, seen them for as low as $50.

Well, since the top is stored behind a bunch of stuff out of another garage it would be awhile before I could dig it out to have a good look at condition now. When I put it away I would have called it a 9 out of 10 but condition is very subjective and differs widely between people. The two spots of wear were more like a little rubbing on the exterior surface, half inch square on each side of the back where the tonneau corners touched it while being put up and down. A visual flaw rather than structural. If I pulled the top outside to look at it after the last 2 years it would probably need a very thorough cleaning inside and out which would bring the condition down to a 7.5 or 8.

Anyone else interested in picking up the top and door panels and other misc interior pieces?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David,

I am interested in in the convertible roof and interior parts for a high school project am working on if the parts are still available.

My posting "High School Project" breifly describes the project.

I am a High School Physics teacher working on organizing an electric car conversion.

I have located a TC with a blown engine that was soon to be headed to the crusher. It will be shipped from the LA area to the midwest in a couple of weeks. This TC is a Burgendy with ginger interior but missing the convertible top. Your posting lists a few parts the project car is missing, door panels and cloth roof and if I am lucky also the parts you call miscellaneous interior parts will be parts I could use.

Thanks

Lar

Lkvr should have a private email by now.

For anyone else, I am having a change in home conditions and college classes starting after September 1 which will put a monkey wrench on any parts movement. Not impossible but rather more complicated for me.