supplemental auto insurance?

alesco

If we drove our Reattas only a few miles a year, we can purchase antique auto insurance coverage, but what about every day drivers like us? I suspect if my Reatta gets totalled, my insurance will pay me only about $3500, but I already have over $7000 invested. Does anyone know of a company that will insure or supplement our own insurance above the wholesale blue book value of our cars?

Suspect that they all will. It is called "Agreed Value". After an accredited Automobile Appraiser fixes a value on your Reatta and Insurance Co. accepts it with the appropriate increase it rates you are covered at the higher value.

Some classic auto insurers have unlimited miles at very low rates($200~300 yr typical, Depends on agreed upon value). There are restrictions such as you cannot leave your car in an unprotected area. Can't drive it to the mall or leave it in any unguarded compound. When it is home, it must be stored in a garage.

Another option: I have all three of my convertibles fully insured with Automobile Club, but the rates are lower because each of them is driven fewer than 5,000 miles annually. Look into it.<P>Jerry

Frank, Have explored to great detail the insurability of my 91, to new, for antique coverage, not unique enough for speciality coverage. the closest I found was a company in new jersey that will insure for what ever you are willing to pay for.Ie. 2,000.00 per year on a car that they will only Pay out book for if it gets crunched.best insurance I have found is a parts car, or a very friendly recycling(wrecking Yard) that will locate any thing you need .. Hank